“To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love, For it is in giving that we receive. . .”
~ from The Prayer of Saint Francis
School Wide Service Projects
- Raised over $1300 for the Children's Cancer Association and the restoration of the HCCS gym floor.
- Collected over 960 cans of soup for St. Vincent de Paul on Super Bowl weekend.
- Raised over $300 during Lent during Simple Meal. Eight different non-profits will benefit from the money raised.
- Donated over 50 pints of blood to the Red Cross.
The students and families of Holy Cross Catholic School participate in many service projects throughout the school year. We have school wide service projects; the Penny War for the CCA, food drives for the St. Vincent de Paul food pantry, praying for the seminarians of the Archdiocese of Portland, and turning in our Halloween candy to send to military men and women serving our country. Each class also chooses a service project to complete during the year. We know that in giving, we receive.
Class service projects:
- Visiting the Providence Children's Center to work and make friends with the kids that are a part of the Medically Fragile Center
- Serving meals at Blanchet House
- Picking up trash on Lombard Street and our playground
- Earning money for Heifer International
- Visiting the residents at Assumption Village
- Make crafts for homebound parishioners
- 8th Grade Capstone Project
- Working at the Oregon Food Bank
- Working in the Holy Cross garden