Mrs. Melissa Brant
“To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love, For it is in giving that we receive. . .”
~ from The Prayer of Saint Francis
Holy Cross is happy to welcome Mrs. Brant as the Physical Education teacher. Mrs. Brant is an alumnus of Holy Cross Catholic School. Mrs. Brant has coached CYO basketball, high school and club volleyball and softball and baseball at North Portland Little League.
Looking forward to lots of fun and fitness this school year!
PE will be a little different to start the school year since we will not be in school. But we will still have a lot of fun staying healthy and fit.
- During Distance Learning, each student will be offered one synchronous lesson via Zoom and one asynchronous lesson every week via SeeSaw (for 1st-4th grades) / Google Classroom (for 5th-8th grades).
- ~Synchronous lessons: Zoom links will be shared with the students directly through email and SeeSaw (for 1st-4th grades) / Google Classroom (for 5th-8th grades).
- ~Asynchronous lessons: Will be assigned each week through SeeSaw (for 1st-4th grades) / Google Classroom (for 5th-8th grades).
- Middle School students should complete their asynchronous lesson during Applied Learning Time.
- 1st-5th Grade students should complete their asynchronous lesson during their assigned asynchronous PE time or during other asynchronous learning time during the school day (this is based on the class schedule designed by your classroom teacher).
- I will be available to answer any questions via email (email@example.com)
Synchronous Class Schedule:
1st Grade PE - Mondays, 12:30-1:00 PM
2nd Grade PE - Mondays, 1:15-1:45 PM
3rd Grade PE - Thursdays, 1:15-1:45 PM
4th Grade PE - Wednesdays, 12:30-1:00 PM
5th Grade PE - Wednesdays, 9:30-10:00 AM
6th Grade PE - Tuesdays, 9:30-10:00 AM
7th Grade PE - Wednesdays, 10:15-10:45 AM
8th Grade PE - Tuesdays, 10:15-10:45 AM
Grading and Attendance:
- Throughout Distance Learning, PE class will be Pass/No Pass (70-100% is Pass, 0-69% is No Pass). The PE grade will be based on participation in Zoom Calls and completion of asynchronous assignments.
- Students will be given points for participation in Zoom Calls as well as the completion of their asynchronous assignments. If a student is unable to attend a Zoom Call for any reason, please contact Mrs. Brant via email.
- Students can check their grade on TeacherEase.
Note: Please know that this is a classroom not a recess. Also, remember the focus of the year is fitness and fun! In PE you will need both in order to be successful! Do your best, be prepared and you will succeed! 🙂