Mrs. Amanda Louie
“Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”
~ 1 Corinthians 13:7
Welcome! My name is Amanda Louie and I am the librarian, the 5th grade Religion teacher, and am Middle School Academic Support. I was born and raised in northern Utah and moved to Oregon in 1994 to attend the University of Portland, where I earned a Masters of Education degree with a reading endorsement. I began my teaching career at Holy Cross in 1998. I have taught at two other schools but returned to Holy Cross because it feels like home. I have taught in every grade from 3rd grade to 8th grade. I have also taught Title One Reading. I have completed the University of Notre Dame's English as a New Language program as a Hernandez Fellow through the ACE Program. I have an ESOL endorsement which helps me better understand how to teach students learning to speak English as well as support the teachers in their classrooms.
Holy Cross Summer Reading Program
Please turn in your Summer Reading Program
by Wednesday, September 22nd.
“When you open a book with your children, you are opening the world for them."
1. Talk with your children as you play, shop, or work around the house. Listen to what they say. Ask questions.
2. Read to your children.
3. Let your children see you read.
4. Ask older children to read to younger ones.
5. Go to the library together.
6. Give your children books about their special interests.
7. Keep books, magazines, and newspapers around your home.
8. Plan outings for your children.
9. Say rhymes and poetry, or sing songs.
10. Tell stories about your family.
GENERAL LIBRARY INFORMATION
All students come to the library each week for a read aloud novel and to check out books. Reading or being read to each night at home is a key to success in school.
Please ask your child/children to share with you the book(s) that he/she checked out of our school library.
If you have any concerns about the book(s) being checked out by your child/children, please contact me.
My goal is to help your child have an enjoyable reading experience while improving reading skills.