Ms. Angela Haluska
“To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love, For it is in giving that we receive. . .”
~ from The Prayer of Saint Francis
Hey all! My name is Angela Haluska and I am so excited to be apart of the Holy Cross Community again this year! I grew up in Clackamas, Oregon and graduated from Portland State University with a degree in Child and Family Studies. While attending Portland State University, I was a goalkeeper on the women's soccer team (GO VIKS!). I graduated with my Masters in Education from Portland State University in June, 2017. This is my second year teaching at Holy Cross, and I am so excited to have started a new school year! We are going to have such a wonderful time in fifth grade! I can't wait to see all of the growth and learning that will go on in our classroom this year!
Some curriculum highlights of the year:
- Using direct evidence from the text to support your thinking.
- Asking "thick", critical thinking questions to better understand the text.
- Novel studies and book groups.
- Comprehension and reading fluency
- Decimals (place value, adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing)
- Coordinate Planes/graphing
- Measurement of 3D shapes.
- Second Step
- God's Creation
- Parts of Mass
- The Church's Message
- The Mystery of the Trinity
- Earth and Space
- Properties of Matter
- Water cycle and water on the Earth.
- Explorers of the 14oo's
- Settlements in America
- 13 Colonies
- American Revolution
- The US states
What are we learning now:
- Colonial America-The 13 Colonies, memorable people, and memorable colonies.
- The American Revolution
- Properties of matter
- Physical states of matter
- Novel Study: "Johnny Tremain"
- Literacy Centers
- Opinion writing
- Adding and subtracting fractions
- Multiplying and dividing fractions
- For extra Math Practice: Log into your iReady account and complete a lesson.
- 10 Commandments
- Ways to worship God
- Methods of Prayer
- Living out the SLE's
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM!
I will be posting pictures of our class and the activities we are doing throughout the year. Keep updated by following us!
BizTown field trip- March 19th!