Ms. Angela Haluska
“To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love, For it is in giving that we receive. . .”
~ from The Prayer of Saint Francis
Hey all! My name is Angela Haluska and I am so excited to be apart of the Holy Cross Community again this year! I grew up in Clackamas, Oregon and graduated from Portland State University with a degree in Child and Family Studies. While attending Portland State University, I was a goalkeeper on the women's soccer team (GO VIKS!). I graduated with my Masters in Education from Portland State University in June, 2017. This is my second year teaching at Holy Cross, and I am so excited to have started a new school year! We are going to have such a wonderful time in fifth grade! I can't wait to see all of the growth and learning that will go on in our classroom this year!
Some curriculum highlights of the year:
- Using direct evidence from the text to support your thinking.
- Asking "thick", critical thinking questions to better understand the text.
- Novel studies and book groups.
- Comprehension and reading fluency
- Decimals (place value, adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing)
- Coordinate Planes/graphing
- Measurement of 3D shapes.
- Second Step
- God's Creation
- Parts of Mass
- The Church's Message
- The Mystery of the Trinity
- Earth and Space
- Properties of Matter
- Water cycle and water on the Earth.
- Explorers of the 14oo's
- Settlements in America
- 13 Colonies
- American Revolution
- The US states
What are we learning now:
- 50 States and Capitals
- Bill of Rights and the US Constitution
- Reading non-fiction texts. Pulling information from the text and citing sources.
- Coordinate planes-How to graph ordered pairs.
- Measurement of 3 dimensional shapes.
- For extra Math Practice: Log into your iReady account and complete a lesson.
- Morality-Venial and mortal sins
- Leadership in the Church
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM!
I will be posting pictures of our class and the activities we are doing throughout the year. Keep updated by following us!
Last day of school: June 14th!!
This summer continue to read and log your hours for the Summer Reading Competition!
Practice your multiplication math facts, and remember... HAVE FUN!