Ms. Jordan Bonnell
“To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love, For it is in giving that we receive. . .”
~ from The Prayer of Saint Francis
My name is Jordan Bonnell and I am so excited for my first year at Holy Cross. I grew up in Phoenix, Arizona and moved to Portland five years ago to attend the University of Portland. In May of 2018 I graduated with a degree in history, along with a minor in secondary education. After completing my undergraduate degree, I chose to stay in Portland where I obtained my Masters of Arts in Teaching. Throughout my time at the University of Portland I had the amazing opportunity to student teach in a variety of classes, including a semester at Holy Cross in the fall of 2017. I am incredibly grateful to be part of this community and I can’t wait to spend the next year learning and growing with my fifth graders!
Some curriculum highlights of the year:
- Using direct evidence from the text to support your thinking.
- Asking "thick", critical thinking questions to better understand the text.
- Novel studies and book groups.
- Comprehension and reading fluency
- Decimals (place value, adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing)
- Coordinate Planes/graphing
- Measurement of 3D shapes.
- Second Step
- God's Creation
- Parts of Mass
- The Church's Message
- The Mystery of the Trinity
- Earth and Space
- Properties of Matter
- Water cycle and water on the Earth.
- Explorers of the 14oo's
- Settlements in America
- 13 Colonies
- American Revolution
- The US states