“To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love, For it is in giving that we receive. . .”
~ from The Prayer of Saint Francis
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. (NIV)
The primary mission of Holy Cross Senior Ministry is to provide social and spiritual support for our senior parishioners. We accomplish this through regularly scheduled activities that foster relationships within the senior community. This ministry also includes:
- Personal visitation of elderly living in their own homes and also those who live in an institutional setting/and or nursing home
- Counseling these parishioners during stressful experience of grief, guilt, disappointments and illness
- Arranging social interaction experiences for those living alone
- Arranging weekly/monthly visitations and communion for those who request it and who are unable to attend mass due to illness or age related issues
- Assisting in helping with pre-planned funeral liturgies and bereavement
- Assisting family members (caregivers) by giving them adequate time and support during a long-term illness
- Organizing special days of retreat and the Sacrament of the Sick
- Organizing and training volunteers to help with this ministry
The Senior Luncheon group gathers in the School Basement at 11:30am on the first Wednesday of the months October-May. There is a monthly theme planned with the Church calendar. Please join us for a delicious lunch, fellowship, and fun! For more information, please contact the Parish Office at 503.289.2834.
*This activity is temporarily unavailable. We hope to get back to Senior Luncheons as soon as possible.
God's Girls is a dedicated group that prays for the needs of our community. The group gathers together twice a month to pray, praise, study, and share how to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. The group meets on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month at 7pm. You’ve always got a friend with one of God's Girls.
*This activity is temporarily closed except for email contact. We hope to begin again in person as soon as possible. For questions, please call Jana Ripley at 503.289.8304.