“To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love, For it is in giving that we receive. . .”
~ from The Prayer of Saint Francis
Are you returning to the Church? This can be a difficult time when you are considering a significant step on your spiritual journey. Some see this as a journey back to their spiritual home; others are looking for reconciliation with God and the Church. Whatever reason for being away, you are missed and we celebrate your desire to take another look. We'd like to help you, if we can. We want to offer you a safe harbor to explore your faith and your future within the Church through a process called
Catholics Coming Home ....
a supportive and confidential small faith group - it is where you can ask questions, discuss issues, and share past and present doubts and difficulties. If possible, we would like to reintroduce you to the love of Christ in a no-pressure, open and non-judgmental environment.
Please let us know by calling Sue Unger at 503-953-8328 or firstname.lastname@example.org, that you are interested and she will contact you for an informal meeting.
Those who have attended these sessions are Catholics who
- are registered at a parish but don't go to Mass regularly
- alienated Catholics, those who do not attend church and feel unwanted in some way
- baptized Catholics, who did not grow up actively involved in their parish
Awakening Faith is a program that helps returning and questioning Catholics explore, refresh, and deepen their faith and develop a very real experience of God. Jesus gave us the Church for a reason and we need to explore that reason.
Awakening Faith is not:
- the "saved" welcoming "sinners."
- People pressuring others to return.
Awakening Faith is:
- Catholics talking to Catholics .
- People in Solidarity with one another, recognizing that each of us is gifted, with something of offer others.
Awakening Faith meets for six weeks
- Session 1: Spirituality - Just what is it?
- Session 2: Who is Jesus to me?
- Session 3: Do we need the Holy Spirit?
- Session 4: Is God's Mercy for me?
- Session 5: Can Mass make my life more meaningful?
- Session 6: The Church and Me
Please contact Sue Unger at 503.953.8328 for more information.