“To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love, For it is in giving that we receive. . .”
~ from The Prayer of Saint Francis
Jr. High: Welcome to Holy Cross's L.I.F.T. Teen Programs:
Living In Faith Together
Registration for Religious Education (K-6th grades): Holy Cross RE Registration 22.23
Registration for Confirmation Preparation (7th -12th grades): Holy Cross Confirmation Registration 22.23
The Archdiocese of Portland is shifting to celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation in 7th and 8th grades. As we shift to this new age group, we will offer Confirmation Preparation for 7th through 12th grades in the 2022-2023 school year.
Questions about the Confirmation classes? Contact Andrea Swanson at email@example.com.
Jr. High Hang Out:
Our parish has time set aside for 7th and 8th graders to gather after school to spend time together in faith and fun! It is free for all jr. high students of the parish! Interested in joining? Reach out to James Henderson, our youth minister: firstname.lastname@example.org
At home youth activities:
Throughout the year, it is important that we maintain a sense of faith, of home, and of community. Please see these resources to do activities to keep you engaged:
- Sunday Mass Online: You can watch Mass on this website or you can visit a Life Teen Youth Mass each Sunday! Click here for Life Teen Youth Mass.
- Lenten Resources for Teens: Check out these resources to help enrich your Lenten faith experience!
- Pray the rosary! Let Catholic Central's hosts guide you each day:
- Check out the LifeTeen YouTube Channel: This channel is full of resources and chats to continue growing in faith: LifeTeen YouTube Channel
- Pray and Meditate Outside: Go for a walk and pray outside, while walking either on your own or with a friend or two.
Questions? Want to be a part of the L.I.F.T. community? Email Andrea Swanson (Holy Cross Director of Religious Education) at email@example.com or James Henderson (Youth Minister) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is L.I.F.T.?
L.I.F.T. is the range of teen programs offered at Holy Cross Parish! We have programming for teens from 7th grade through 12th grade! Please check out what we have for our teens:
- LIFT Jr. High: Youth Group for teens in grades 7 and 8, Sunday mornings (between Masses) from 10:15-11:45am.
- LIFT Varsity: High School Youth Group: For all teens in grades 9 to 12, Sunday mornings (between Masses) from 10:15-11:45am. (No registration needed! All are welcome!)
- LIFT Confirmation Preparation: This group is for teens in grades 7 to 12, preparation to make final Sacrament of Initiation. (jump to LIFT High School Page)
- LIFT Leadership Team: This is a group of teen leaders who have received their Confirmation and are active members of our parish community. LIFT leaders help to put on events and serve as teen leaders in our community.
If you're going into 7th or 8th grade, please email James at email@example.com
If you're going into high school, please email James at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the High School LIFT page: https://www.holycrosspdx.org/holy-cross-church/high-school/
Learn more about our L.I.F.T. Program! Click here!
Jr. High teens in action: serving the community at our service day!
Jr. High Youth Group
Our Jr. High Youth Group is geared for incoming 7th and 8th grade students who would like to build their faith and to grow in friendship with fellow teens. It is engaging and fun, bringing our faith to life!
Once a month, we will have L.I.F.T. Nights where the high school and jr. high youth groups come together for a night of energy and community, revolving around a particular theme each month.
Upcoming Dates and Events:
- Stay Tuned for More Information!
Questions? Contact James Henderson at email@example.com.