“To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love, For it is in giving that we receive. . .”
~ from The Prayer of Saint Francis
High School: Welcome to Holy Cross's L.I.F.T. Teen Programs:
Living In Faith Together
At home youth activities:
As we socially exclude ourselves, it is important that we maintain a sense of faith, of home, and of community. Please see these resources to do activities to keep you engaged:
- Lenten Resources for Teens: Check out these resources to help enrich your Lenten faith experience!
- Pray the rosary! Let Catholic Central's hosts guide you each day:
- Check out the LifeTeen YouTube Channel: This channel is full of resources and chats to continue growing in faith: LifeTeen YouTube Channel
- Pray and Meditate Outside: Go for a walk and pray outside, while walking either on your own or with a friend or two.
What is L.I.F.T.?
L.I.F.T. is the range of teen programs offered at Holy Cross Parish! We have programming for teens from 7th grade through 12th grade! Please check out what we have for our teens:
- Jr. High Youth Group: This is for teens in grades 7 and 8, Sunday nights from 6:30 to 8:00 pm (jump to Jr. High page)
- LIFT Varsity: High School Youth Group: For all teens in grades 9 to 12, Sunday nights from 6:30 to 8:00 pm (no registration needed! All are welcome!)
- LIFT Confirmation Preparation: This group is for teens in grades 10 to 12, preparation to make final Sacrament of Initiation.
- LIFT Leadership Team: This is a group of teen leaders who have received their Confirmation and are active members of our parish community. LIFT leaders help to put on events and serve as teen leaders in our community.
Learn more about our L.I.F.T. Program! Click here!
L.I.F.T. Confirmation Preparation:
Preparing for the final Sacrament of Initiation, grades 10-12!
Confirmation is an important step of faith. In this sacrament, teens are blessed with the Gifts of the Holy Spirit: wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and wonder and awe.
Throughout our year together, we gather each week to dive into a new Catholic topic, enriching your faith understanding and preparing you to receive this important step of faith. Register today to prepare to celebrate this sacrament next spring!
Our Confirmation teens will be celebrating their Confirmation on May 2. Please pray for our teens as they ready for this important milestone of faith!
Click here for Confirmation Registration: Holy Cross Confirmation Registration 19.20
L.I.F.T. Varsity (High School Youth Group):Calling All Incoming 9th - 12th Graders!
High School Youth Group is ongoing throughout the school year! We meet each Sunday night from 6:30 to 8:00 pm in the Parish Hall. Come and stay connected with your friends, meet new friends, and deepen your faith throughout the year!
Throughout our year together, we gather, we praise, we play, and we serve others. Our goal is to connect with one another, with our community, and with our faith in a deeper way. All teens are welcome- no registration required!
LIFT Game Nights! Throughout the summer, we have Game Nights for all incoming 7th through 12th graders from 6:30 pm to 8. Join us for food, friends, and FUN! Our Game Nights: August 11 and 18 and September 1.
L.I.F.T. Leadership Team:
Leaders amongst your peers
The L.I.F.T. Leadership Team is especially for our teens who have celebrated their Confirmation and who are active members of our parish community. These teens are leaders amongst their peers and in our community. They help to put on our L.I.F.T. Nights and they assist in preparing for L.I.F.T. events and service projects.
If you are interested in being on the Leadership Team, please contact Andrea Swanson and Allyson Higgins at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 503-206-8069.
Steubenville NW Conference is from July 26-28!
This year, we brought a group of teens from Holy Cross to the Steubenville NW Conference in Spokane, WA from July 26-28. We had an incredible experience of faith and love! The theme of the weekend was "Belong!" We learned about how we belong to our heavenly Father and how we belong in our Catholic community.
Thank you to Allyson Higgins for coordinating the event. Thank you to Allen Soule and Melissa Brant for chaperoning the trip. Thank you especially to the families who have supported and encouraged the teens to attend this weekend conference! Thank you for your many prayers for our young people and our leaders!
Upcoming Dates and Events:
- Laying low, due to virus precaution: As of now, all of our LIFT programs have been postponed to maintain the health of our young people and their families. We will begin our programs again when we receive the go-ahead to do so. Please continue to pray for sick members of our community, for medical professionals, and for our leaders.