“To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love, For it is in giving that we receive. . .”
~ from The Prayer of Saint Francis
High School: Welcome to Holy Cross's L.I.F.T. Teen Programs:
Living In Faith Together
What is L.I.F.T.?
L.I.F.T. is the range of teen programs offered at Holy Cross Parish! We have programming for teens from 7th grade through 12th grade! Please check out what we have for our teens:
- Jr. High Youth Group: This is for teens in grades 7 and 8, Sunday nights from 6:30 to 8:00 pm (jump to Jr. High page)
- LIFT Varsity: High School Youth Group: For all teens in grades 9 to 12, Sunday nights from 6:30 to 8:00 pm (no registration needed! All are welcome!)
- LIFT Confirmation Preparation: This group is for teens in grades 10 to 12, preparation to make final Sacrament of Initiation.
- LIFT Leadership Team: This is a group of teen leaders who have received their Confirmation and are active members of our parish community. LIFT leaders help to put on events and serve as teen leaders in our community.
Learn more about our L.I.F.T. Program! Click here!
L.I.F.T. Varsity (High School Youth Group):Calling All Incoming 9th - 12th Graders!
High School Youth Group is ongoing throughout the school year! We meet each Sunday night from 6:30 to 8:00 pm in the Parish Hall. Come and stay connected with your friends, meet new friends, and deepen your faith throughout the year!
Throughout our year together, we gather, we praise, we play, and we serve others. Our goal is to connect with one another, with our community, and with our faith in a deeper way. All teens are welcome- no registration required!
L.I.F.T. Confirmation Preparation:
Preparing for the final Sacrament of Initiation, grades 10-12!
Confirmation is an important step of faith. In this sacrament, teens are blessed with the Gifts of the Holy Spirit: wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and wonder and awe.
Throughout our year together, we gather each week to dive into a new Catholic topic, enriching your faith understanding and preparing you to receive this important step of faith. Register today to prepare to celebrate this sacrament next spring!
Our Confirmation family meeting (for teens and parents) is on Sunday, September 9 at 5:30 pm. All Confirmation teens and family members should attend.
L.I.F.T. Leadership Team:
Leaders amongst your peers
The L.I.F.T. Leadership Team is especially for our teens who have celebrated their Confirmation and who are active members of our parish community. These teens are leaders amongst their peers and in our community. They help to put on our L.I.F.T. Nights and they assist in preparing for L.I.F.T. events and service projects.
If you are interested in being on the Leadership Team, please contact Andrea Swanson and Allyson Higgins at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 503-206-8069.
Steubenville NW Conference was a hit!
This year, we brought a group of 24 teens from Holy Cross to the Steubenville NWConference in Spokane, WA. It was an incredible weekend of faith, hope, and mission!
Thank you to Allyson Higgins for coordinating the event. Thank you to Allen Soule and Bruce Jackson for chaperoning the trip. Thank you to the teens who dove into the weekend experience, opening their hearts. And thank you especially to the families who supported and encouraged the teens to attend this weekend conference!
Upcoming Dates and Events:
- LIFT Varsity (High School Youth Group) runs through the whole summer! Keep coming to connect with friends and to learn more about our faith.
- Summer Game Nights: These are evenings for ALL TEENS (from 7th to 12th), no registration required! Come and play, eat, and have fun! Bring your friends! Game Night dates: June 3, July 15, and August 19.
- LIFT Confirmation Preparation: Get your registration in so that you can celebrate your Confirmation in the spring! Teen and family meeting is on Sunday, September 9 at 5:30 pm.