“To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love, For it is in giving that we receive. . .”
~ from The Prayer of Saint Francis
High School: Welcome to Holy Cross's L.I.F.T. Teen Programs:
Living In Faith Together
L.I.F.T. Summer Game Nights!
We have Jr. High Youth Group Summer Game Nights throughout the summer! Upcoming dates: August 16th and August 23rd!
To get login information for the Zoom calls, please either email Andrea or Lupita or sign up here: https://signup.com/go/CSThYbL
If you're going into 7th or 8th grade, please email Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're going into high school, please email Lupita at email@example.com.
Register for Confirmation!
If you're going into 10th through 12th grades, we have Confirmation Preparation for you!!! What is Confirmation? It is the final Sacrament of Initiation, it is the launching point for a new, rich stage of faith, and it's an amazing time! Come and check it out! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
We have our registration for the coming school year for Confirmation Preparation. No matter what school you attend, ALL are welcome! Join us and bring your friends!
Please fill out our Confirmation registration information (Holy Cross Confirmation Registration 20.21) and send it to Andrea Swanson at email@example.com.
We will begin our classes virtually this year (because of COVID-19), but we plan to meet in person as soon as it is healthy to do so!
At home youth activities:
As we socially exclude ourselves, it is important that we maintain a sense of faith, of home, and of community. Please see these resources to do activities to keep you engaged:
- Sunday Mass Online: You can watch Mass on this website or you can visit a Life Teen Youth Mass each Sunday! Click here for Life Teen Youth Mass.
- Lenten Resources for Teens: Check out these resources to help enrich your Lenten faith experience!
- Pray the rosary! Let Catholic Central's hosts guide you each day:
- Check out the LifeTeen YouTube Channel: This channel is full of resources and chats to continue growing in faith: LifeTeen YouTube Channel
- Pray and Meditate Outside: Go for a walk and pray outside, while walking either on your own or with a friend or two.
Need to talk? Please reach out to Andrea or Lupita: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
What is L.I.F.T.?
L.I.F.T. is the range of teen programs offered at Holy Cross Parish! We have programming for teens from 7th grade through 12th grade! Please check out what we have for our teens:
- Jr. High Youth Group: This is for teens in grades 7 and 8, Sunday nights from 6:30 to 8:00 pm (jump to Jr. High page)
- LIFT Varsity: High School Youth Group: For all teens in grades 9 to 12, Sunday nights from 6:30 to 8:00 pm (no registration needed! All are welcome!)
- LIFT Confirmation Preparation: This group is for teens in grades 10 to 12, preparation to make final Sacrament of Initiation.
- LIFT Leadership Team: This is a group of teen leaders who have received their Confirmation and are active members of our parish community. LIFT leaders help to put on events and serve as teen leaders in our community.
Learn more about our L.I.F.T. Program! Click here!
L.I.F.T. Varsity (High School Youth Group):Calling All Incoming 9th - 12th Graders!
High School Youth Group is ongoing throughout the school year! We meet each Sunday night from 6:30 to 8:00 pm in the Parish Hall. Come and stay connected with your friends, meet new friends, and deepen your faith throughout the year!
Throughout our year together, we gather, we praise, we play, and we serve others. Our goal is to connect with one another, with our community, and with our faith in a deeper way. All teens are welcome- no registration required!
LIFT Game Nights! Throughout the year, we host Game Nights to provide a space for the youth to play and to engage with one another. All teens are welcome to join!
L.I.F.T. Leadership Team:
Leaders amongst your peers
The L.I.F.T. Leadership Team is especially for our teens who have celebrated their Confirmation and who are active members of our parish community. These teens are leaders amongst their peers and in our community. They help to put on our L.I.F.T. Nights and they assist in preparing for L.I.F.T. events and service projects.
If you are interested in being on the Leadership Team, please contact Andrea Swanson and Lupita Zamora at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 503-206-8069.
Steubenville NW Conference will be coming next summer!
Last year, we brought a group of teens from Holy Cross to the Steubenville NW Conference in Spokane, WA from July 26-28. We had an incredible experience of faith and love! The theme of the weekend was "Belong!" We learned about how we belong to our heavenly Father and how we belong in our Catholic community.
Thank you to Allyson Higgins for coordinating the event. Thank you to Allen Soule and Melissa Brant for chaperoning the trip. Thank you especially to the families who have supported and encouraged the teens to attend this weekend conference! Thank you for your many prayers for our young people and our leaders!
Upcoming Dates and Events:
- Laying low, due to virus precaution: As of now, all of our LIFT programs have been postponed to maintain the health of our young people and their families. We will begin our programs again when we receive the go-ahead to do so. Please continue to pray for sick members of our community, for medical professionals, and for our leaders.