“To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love, For it is in giving that we receive. . .”
~ from The Prayer of Saint Francis
High School: Welcome to Holy Cross's L.I.F.T. Teen Programs:
Living In Faith Together
What is L.I.F.T.?
L.I.F.T. is the range of teen programs offered at Holy Cross Parish! We have programming for teens from 7th grade through 12th grade! Please check out what we have for our teens:
- Jr. High Youth Group: This is for teens in grades 7 and 8, Sunday nights from 6:30 to 8:00 pm (jump to Jr. High page)
- LIFT Varsity: High School Youth Group: For all teens in grades 9 to 12, Sunday nights from 6:30 to 8:00 pm (no registration needed! All are welcome!)
- LIFT Confirmation Preparation: This group is for teens in grades 10 to 12, preparation to make final Sacrament of Initiation.
- LIFT Leadership Team: This is a group of teen leaders who have received their Confirmation and are active members of our parish community. LIFT leaders help to put on events and serve as teen leaders in our community.
Learn more about our L.I.F.T. Program! Click here!
L.I.F.T. Varsity (High School Youth Group):Calling All Incoming 9th - 12th Graders!
High School Youth Group is ongoing throughout the school year! We meet each Sunday night from 6:30 to 8:00 pm in the Parish Hall. Come and stay connected with your friends, meet new friends, and deepen your faith throughout the year!
Throughout our year together, we gather, we praise, we play, and we serve others. Our goal is to connect with one another, with our community, and with our faith in a deeper way. All teens are welcome- no registration required!
L.I.F.T. Confirmation Preparation:
Preparing for the final Sacrament of Initiation, grades 10-12!
Confirmation is an important step of faith. In this sacrament, teens are blessed with the Gifts of the Holy Spirit: wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and wonder and awe.
Throughout our year together, we gather each week to dive into a new Catholic topic, enriching your faith understanding and preparing you to receive this important step of faith. Register today to prepare to celebrate this sacrament next spring!
Our Confirmation family meeting (for teens and parents) is on Sunday, September 9 at 5:30 pm. All Confirmation teens and family members should attend.
L.I.F.T. Leadership Team:
Leaders amongst your peers
The L.I.F.T. Leadership Team is especially for our teens who have celebrated their Confirmation and who are active members of our parish community. These teens are leaders amongst their peers and in our community. They help to put on our L.I.F.T. Nights and they assist in preparing for L.I.F.T. events and service projects.
If you are interested in being on the Leadership Team, please contact Andrea Swanson and Allyson Higgins at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 503-206-8069.
Leave It All on the Field:
Young Men's and Young Women's Retreats
Holy Cross Parish is excited to offer two retreats, one for young men and one for young women. These retreats will strive to address this question: what does it mean to be a young person of God in today's world? Join us for a day of prayer, guest speakers, games, reflection, and fellowship with other young people who seek to find God! These retreats are open for all teens from grades 8 to 12!
Young Men's Retreat: Saturday, Feb. 2, 12 pm to 5 at Holy Cross Parish
Young Women's Retreat: Saturday, Feb. 16, 12 pm to 5 at Holy Cross Parish
There is no cost for the retreat, but we ask that all teens register in advance: Young Men's and Women's Retreat Registration
Steubenville NW Conference was a hit!
This year, we brought a group of 24 teens from Holy Cross to the Steubenville NWConference in Spokane, WA. It was an incredible weekend of faith, hope, and mission!
Thank you to Allyson Higgins for coordinating the event. Thank you to Allen Soule and Bruce Jackson for chaperoning the trip. Thank you to the teens who dove into the weekend experience, opening their hearts. And thank you especially to the families who supported and encouraged the teens to attend this weekend conference!
Upcoming Dates and Events:
- LIFT Youth Mass: Our LIFT Varsity group will be hosting our February 10 Youth Mass at the 10 am Mass time. Join us!
- LIFT Varsity (High School Youth Group) runs through the school year! Keep coming to connect with friends and to learn more about our faith. We meet every Sunday night from 6:30 pm to 8!
- LIFT Jr. High (Jr. High Youth Group): if you are in 7th and 8th grades, come and join us for Jr. High Youth Group! We meet every Sunday night from 6:30 to 8!
- LIFT Confirmation Preparation: Confirmation preparation is underway! Our Confirmation Mass will be on Wednesday, May 1st, at 7 pm. For information about next year's preparation program, please pick up registration in May!