“To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love, For it is in giving that we receive. . .”
~ from The Prayer of Saint Francis
Family Ministries at Holy Cross Parish!
At Holy Cross Parish, we try to reach out to all of our families, providing programs to support the growth and development of each family. We promote unity as we build connections between various communities, connecting in our common faith. Please look at what programs we offer and explore how your family can become involved!
What are our programs to support families?
- Holy Cross Catholic School: This is our parochial school for our community. It goes from Pre-Kindergarten to eighth grade. Attach link to school’s page.
- Holy Cross Religious Education: Our Religious Education classes teach our Catholic faith through a hands-on approach, bringing excitement and deeper understanding to our beliefs. They are designed for yearly faith formation for our children, ranging from Kindergarten to sixth grade. Attach link to Religious Education page.
- Sacramental Preparation: We work with children and families in preparing the children as they celebrate their Sacraments. We help families with preparation for Baptism, First Reconciliation, and First Communion. Typically, children are baptized as young children or as babies and they receive their First Reconciliation and First Communion in the second grade. However, many children make all three Sacraments at an older age, too. Confirmation Preparation occurs in high school. Please see Confirmation information below. Attach link to Religious Education page.
- Vacation Bible School:Each summer, we gather children, teens, and adults of our parish to celebrate our faith in a fun adventure of our Vacation Bible School. Children are in small groups led by our amazing teens and they move through stations during our mornings, experiencing Christ in music, crafts, games, and story. We learn passages from the Bible, we meet new saints each day, and we grow closer to one another as we build our community. Attach link to Vacation Bible School page.
- Jr. High Youth Group: Each week, our Jr. High Youth Group will gather to celebrate faith and community while digging deeper into our Catholic understanding. We work to build our program around the developmental needs and interests of this age group. Attach link to Jr. High L.I.F.T. page.
- High School Youth Group: This is our parochial school for our community. It goes from Pre-Kindergarten to eighth grade. Attach link to High School L.I.F.T. page.
- Confirmation Preparation Program: We help to prepare our teens to make their Confirmation when they are in 10th to 12th grades. We have been working to make this program as engaging and meaningful as possible for our teens, helping them as they prepare to make their final Sacrament of Initiation. Attach link to High School L.I.F.T. page.
- Christian Mom’s Fellowship: This is a group for mothers to gather, share in their faith journeys, and to support one another on the often adventurous paths of motherhood. Attach link to Christian Mom’s Fellowship page.